Skip to Content
We invite you to join the Champion's Circle, a recognition level for our visionary donors who have made estate plans providing a wonderful, lasting legacy to the Iowa State Fair Blue Ribbon Foundation's endowment fund. As a member of the Champion's Circle, you can help the Iowa State Fair remain a source of pride for all Iowans, now and in the future.
Champion's Circle contributors receive:
- A plaque on the Champion's Circle donor wall located in the Richard O. Jacobson Exhibition Center.
- Recognition in estate gift listings in Foundation publications.
- An invitation to a special Fair reception.
- Guest passes for Jake’s Club.
Some gifts that qualify for the Champion's Circle are:
- Making an outright gift of $1000 or more to the Blue Ribbon Foundation's endowment fund.
- Making a bequest to the Blue Ribbon Foundation in a will or trust.
- Naming the Blue Ribbon Foundation as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Naming the Blue Ribbon Foundation as a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan.
Many other gifts may qualify as well. For more information, contact Robin Taylor, Assistant Director at (515) 262-3111 x373 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A charitable remainder trust provides you or other named individuals income each year for life or a period not exceeding 20 years from assets you give to the trust you create.
You fund this type of trust with cash or appreciated assets—and may qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize. You can also make additional gifts; each one also qualifies for a tax deduction. The trust pays you, each year, a variable amount based on a fixed percentage of the fair market value of the trust assets. When the trust terminates, the remaining principal goes to the Blue Ribbon Foundation as a lump sum.
You fund this trust with cash or appreciated assets—and may qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize. Each year the trust pays you or another named individual the same dollar amount you choose at the start. When the trust terminates, the remaining principal goes to the Blue Ribbon Foundation as a lump sum.